Thursday, May 9, 2013

Sample letter to the Capilano University Board of Governors from CapU students

To the Members of the Board of Governors.

As a student of Capilano University, I am very concerned about the proposed cuts to programs and sections. If the budget is passed, these cuts will have a devastating impact on my access to a wide variety of courses and my opportunity to have a positive and secure educational experience. 

Cap is my university and an important part of my community. I belong.

I am also concerned that this proposed budget was created without meaningful consultation with student groups or our teachers. Consultation could have lead to better alternatives that are in line with a larger vision of the University rather than being based on some narrow and unknown vision of a few people.

Cap is my university and I want students to a part of decisions and visions. I belong.

I know that the decision to approve these cuts rests with you. I believe that my University has the capacity and creativity to collectively come up with better solutions. Please hit the pause button and postpone your decision on the proposed budget and give us a chance.

Cap is my university and I belong.

Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment